Overdose Prevention Sites or Supervised Consumption Sites operate under exemptions from federal drug laws and allow clients to use illicit drugs without persecution. Overdose prevention sites are staffed by nurses, peers, and outreach staff who are ready to respond in the case of an overdose and can offer fentanyl screening of a client’s drug before use. They are also amazing resources for support and referral to other services. There has never been an overdose death at an overdose prevention site.
- Island Health Temporary Inhalation Focused Overdose Prevention Site – 926 Pandora Ave. 250-519-5303 8am to 7pm daily.
- The Harbour 941 Pandora Ave., 250-519-5303
- Victoria Cool Aid Society – Rock Bay Landing 535 Ellice St. 250-383-1951 ext. 2247
- Duncan OPS 5878 York Road, Duncan, BC Phone: 250-597-7779
- Lookout Housing & Health Society 221 Trunk Rd., Duncan, BC Phone: 250-597-7779
- CMHA – Mid-Island *Spectrometry Equipped 437 Wesley St., Nanaimo, BC Phone: 250-591-3999
- Port Alberni Shelter Society 3699 3rd Ave., Port Alberni, BC Phone: 778-419-0016