If you or someone you know is in urgent need of medical care, please call 911.
24-Hour Vancouver Island Crisis Line
- 1-888-494-3888 | The Vancouver Island Crisis Line provides a supportive listening ear for people in emotional distress and a connection to emergency mental health services when needed.
Crisis Chat – 6 – 10 p.m. Seven days a week
- Visit the Crisis Line website at www.vicrisis.ca | Crisis Text – 6 – 10 p.m. Seven days a week | 1-250-800-3806 from your cell phone.
KUU-US Crisis Line
- This is a resource for suicide prevention for Indigenous people on Vancouver Island and in the province of British Columbia. Help is available 24 hours a day. If you are facing a crisis, call any time.
- Adult Crisis Line: 250-723-4050
- Youth Crisis Line: 250-723-2040
- Vancouver Island and through the Province of BC: 1-800-588-8717
Additional phone lines:
- BC Drug and Alcohol Line 1-800-663-1441
- BC Mental Health and Addiction Info Line 1-800-661-2121 (9-4 M-F)
- PainBC’s Pain Support Line 1-844-880-7246
If a physical OPS isn’t available or of interest digital ones exist in the form of the Lifeguard and The Brave App downloadable through all app stores.
- LIFE GUARD
The app is activated by the user before they take their dose. After SO seconds the app will sound an alarm. If the user doesn’t indicate that they are fine, the alarm grows louder. After 75 seconds, the app will alert emergency responders.
- THE BRAVE APP
The user can utilize the app to connect with remote peer support through a voice call. If the user is deemed unresponsive during the call, your supporter will employ your custom response plan to call for help.