Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health both offer a range of services for people seeking support to help manage their mental health and substance use.
For medical emergencies, please call 9-1-1. If you or someone you care about is experiencing suicide-related thoughts and behaviours, you need to know that you’re not alone and there are many crisis centres available 24 hours a day to talk. Call 1 (800) 784-2433 for support.
Mental health intake services
If you use substances, substance use intake services help adults aged 19+ and their families access substance use support services in the Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health region. Many services also support both mental health and substance use difficulties.
- If you live in Vancouver, call or walk in to the Access and Assessment Centre (AAC) (ages 17+).
- If you live in Richmond, call Richmond Community Mental Health and Substance Use Central Intake at (604) 204-1111.
- If you live in the North Shore, including Deep Cove and Lions Bay, contact the Central Intake Team at the HOpe Centre.
- If you live in the Sea-to-Sky region, contact Sea-to-Sky Mental Health and Substance Use Services.
- If you live in the Sunshine Coast, contact Mental Health and Substance Use Services at the Sechelt Mental Health Building
- If you live in Bella Bella, call ƛúxválásu’ailas Heiltsuk Hospital at 250-957-2314.
- If you live in Bella Coola, call Bella Coola General Hospital at 250-799-5311.
- Fraser Health Crisis Line | 604-951-8855 or toll-free 1-877-820-7444
- Alcohol & drug information and referral service in the Fraser Health region: 604-660-9382 or toll-free 1-800-663-1441